Monday, January 2, 2012

Beginnings and Endings

For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning. -T.S. Eliot
I wrote this quote on a note pad to remember to post, that's how much I loved it!   So many blogs and status statements these past couple of days have discussed change and knowing what to do to make that change.  Resolutions have also been a part of those blogs and status statements; but for me - this quote says it all.  Last year's words and language can make way for so much more.  A different voice, a different way of speaking up or speaking out - and making an end of things to make a new beginning is always a good way to do anything.

I love what this means for me and the new year.  We always think of how we could do things differently and if we should make changes in the first place.  I do make resolutions, and as a friend put it - even though I don't follow through on any of them - at least I tried each and every one of them.  Sounds like a 'cop out' to some - but there is also the saying of - 'if you don't try, how will you know'.....and the one thing I am always happy about is the sense of knowing I got some of it done.  Sometimes a tiny thing, sometimes a great big thing.  Is it because I took on more than I should have?  I don't think so.  I believe it's because I wanted to make a big difference - so making the slightest bit of difference is a notice for change.  If I made one parent feel like they accomplished a task with their child no matter how small - it was well worth the change.  If one child found a voice - then it is an end to a great beginning!

This day marks the beginning of new ideas and works for more.  More of what?  Stay tuned and see all that may yet to be......from the end to the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment