Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Camp: Fun with Listening and Language

Two weeks quickly came and went, and the first of what I hope will be just the beginning; Summer Fun with Listening and Language finished.  It was wonderful to see the campers each day and know they were having fun with mom, dad, or another family member.  It was even more wonderful to see siblings listening and coaching each other with language appropriate for letting their feelings known without getting frustrated.  It was wonderful to see them discuss and work things out with language and with listening.  It was even more wonderful to watch friends being renewed and friends being made.  But the most wonderful thing of all to watch:  babies smiling and laughing and listening, toddlers smiling and laughing and talking, and campers with siblings smiling and talking and telling me they want to come back and do this camp again.  Wow!  I have never had so much fun!  This was a great experience for me and now that I have done it - I am already thinking of how to make it even better.  Enjoy some more experiences with me!  Notice the fun?!......and notice it's all about family and friends.....the only way to have fun!! 



I have used this quote before, but I think it is very appropriate here again.....
'What families have in common the world around is that they are the place where we learn who we are and how to be that way."                                   ~Johann Georg Zimmermann

No comments:

Post a Comment